How to install the Yosion Apple Peel 520 Call and SMS apps
- Required: Jailbroken iPod Touch 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation
- iOS Firmware 3.1.3/4.2.1/4.3.1 are currently supported
Step 1: Add Sources in Cydia and install AppSync
- Open Cydia, on the bottom tap Manage, select Sources. In the upper right corner tap Edit, in the upper left corner Add. Enter h##://www.peel520.net/cydia/ and tap Add Source.
- Tap Add. Enter h##p://cydia.hackulo.us/ and tap Add Source.
- Tap Done to finish.
- To install AppSync click the Hackulo.us Source and install the version of AppSync according to your iPod Touch firmware version.
Step 2: Install Mobile Substrate
- In Cydia, on the bottom click Manage. Click Settings and choose Developer (No Filters)
- In Cydia, on the bottom click Search, search for Mobile Substrate and install it. (Reboot Device)
Step 3: Install the Yosion Call and SMS apps
- In Cydia, on the bottom click Manage, select Sources. Click the yosion.net source and install the YosionApp according to your iPod Touch firmware version.
- After the installation of the required software, the Yosion and YsSMS icons will appear on the homescreen.
Step 4: Install the Apple Peel 520 and Reboot the iPod
- Insert your SIM card, contacts facedown and its notch aligned with the notch of the cutout in the compartment, and install the battery.
- Slide your iPod in the case and activate the Apple Peel 520 by pressing the reset button below the battery for 7 seconds.
- You will hear 2 chimes to confirm that the Peel 520 is ON (chime 1) and connected to a mobile phone network (chime 2).
- Type your SIM PIN code in the PIN field in the Settings tab if needed.
- Done! Click the new installed apps to start calling and texting!