Kampilan, Sword used in GMA 7's AMAYA
The advertisement posted in this page is already inactive and it is possible that the details here are already invalid. Content posted in this page is only provided for reference and does not constitute fact. Please be guided accordingly.
Kampilan, Sword used in GMA 7's AMAYAThis advertisement is already inactive
- Contact Numbers:
- Feedback Score:
Close X Feedback Computation
- 100% Positive Feedback
> 12 mos.
Total Positive (14) 14 (1) 2 - - 16 Negative - - - - - Total: 16
- Member Address: Nova Romania I, Caloocan City, Caloocan City, Metro Manila
- Last Access From:Philippines
- Registered: Jun 16, 2009
- Last Sign In: 1 day ago
- View other ads of kombatweapons.
Kampilan is a famous long sword widely used in the pre-conquest Philippine Archipelago and still in use by many Filipino Muslims today, especially by the Maguindanao and Maranao moros. The term "kampilan" is known all over the archipelago, but it describes various types of swords. Mactan chieftain Lapu-lapu and his warriors were reported to have wielded this weapon to great effect when they fought against Ferdinand Magellan in the Battle of Mactan on April 27, 1521.
Our kampilan is single edged and about 40 inches long. The hilt is quite long to counterbalance the weight and length of the blade. Most hilts are in hardwood, invariably with the same shape: a cross guard (sampak) and a pommel shaped in an animal's wide open mouth, crocodile or bakonawa, with okir carvings. Some kampilan have goat hair tassels sticking out of the hilt's backside.
The blade is thick and narrow at its base while it gets thinner and wider to the truncated point. Some blades have a spike to the point. Original kampilan have a laminated blade with a central layer of steel; some older examples show a pamor specific to the Moro pattern-welding process.
SPECS: 40 inches sword ,over all length including sheath. Can be customized. Blade drawn from 5160 carbon steel, handle and sheath made of Kamagong
Seller Contact Details
- 100% Positive Feedback
|> 12 mos. |
|12 mos. |
|6 mos. |
|3 mos. |
|Positive||(14) 14||(1) 2||-||-||16|
Other Ads by kombatweapons
- Specs: Full Tang Blade Forged Blade , drawn from High carbon steel, Over all lenght = 16 inches. Handle in Kamagong Sheath comes in Kamagong too with leather strap.It...Kukri,Made to order (Custom Made by Kalahi Cus...
- Customized Award and Souvenir Bolo,Excellent Quality...Customized Award and Souvenir Bolo
- Basic Self Defense for Women Be equipped with basic knowledge on Self Defense We always hear on radio and watch news on TV , some life threatening circumstances wherein lives...Basic Self Defense for Women
- Cosplay Katana Bleach Sword Hand Forged Blade ,Tested to be durable and 100% efficient Cosplay Katana Unsharped blade Made from Spring Steel...Cosplay Sword
- Aluminum blades,perfect for training Karambit, daggers, Japanese knivesTraining Knives
- Kampilan is a famous long sword widely used in the pre-conquest Philippine Archipelago and still in use by many Filipino Muslims today, especially by the Maguindanao and Maranao...Kampilan, Sword used in GMA 7's AMAYA
Leave a message for the advertisement owner here (for members only). Follow this ad's comments via RSS
|posted on July 15, 2011 05:39PM|
|posted on September 20, 2011 09:08PM|
| realestatebiznes |
|posted on April 28, 2012 09:31PM|
| pinoyadz |