used as topical inflammation, rheumatism, and viral ailments
THE NATURAL HERBAL MEDICINES
STA.MARIA,LAGUNA & SITIO SINGALONG BRGY. SAN JOSE ANTIPOLO CITY
1202, General Luna St. Ermita,Manila (Manila Distribution Satellite)
Gynura procumbens (Lour.) Merr.
Bai bing ca
Gynura procumbens (Lour.) Merr.
Gynura affinis Turcz.
Gynura angulosa F.-Vill.
Gynura sarmentosa DC.
Gynura scabra Lour.
Mollucan spinach (Engl.)
Senecio cacaliaster Blanco
Longevity spinach (Engl.)
Senecio mindorensis Elm.
Cholesterol spinach (Engl.)
Leaves of Gods (Engl.)
Bai bing ca (Chin.)
Sabuñgai is a twining vine, smooth except for the peduncles. Leaves are stalked (the uppermost ones stalkless), ovate-elliptic or lanceolate, 3.5 to 8 cm long, and 0.8 to 3.5 cm wide, with somewhat entire or toothed margins. Flowering heads are panicled, narrow, yellow, and 1 to 1.5 cm long. Involucral bracts are smooth and up to 6 mm long. Achenes are very small and smooth, with very close and slender ribs.
In thickets along streams, in old clearings, etc., at low and medium altitudes, ascendiing to 1,500 meters.
From northern Luzon to Mindanao, in most islands and provinces.
Also occurs in Thailand and Indo-China to Malaya.
Study identified abundant proteins from the leaves.
Leaves considered anti-hyperglycemic, anti-hyperlipidemic and anti-inflammatory.
Whole plant, leaves, shoots.
In many Asian countries, leaves eaten fresh or cooked; added to salads or stand-alone salad; used for sauces, as flavoring.
In Java, used for kidney troubles.
In Malacca, decoction used for dysentery.
In Thailand, used as topical inflammation, rheumatism, and viral ailments.
Poultice used for rheumatic and general body pains.
In some parts of Asia, used as abortificient.
In Malaysia, a folk remedy for diabetes and hyperlipidemia.
• Anti-Inflammatory: Study of ethanol extract showed antiinflammatory activity.
• Antihypertensive: Study showed the oral administration of aqueous extract significantly lowered blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Results suggest GPE may be useful for prevention and treatment of hypertension through increasing NO (nitric oxide) production in blood vessels.
• Glucose Lowering: Ethanolic extract of leaves significantly suppressed elevated serum glucose levels in diabetic rats. The extract did not significantly suppress glucose levels in normal rats. Results conclude the leaves of GP may be biguanide-like activity.
• Abundant Leaf Proteins / Peroxidase: Study found few abundant proteins from the leaves of GP; among these, peroxidase was found the most abundant of the extracted proteins. Results suggest a natural source for peroxidase for use in the cosmetic and skin care industry.
• Nutritive / Antioxidative Properties: Ethanolic Gynura extract exhibited the highest antioxidative properties in every assay. Nutritive evaluation suggests the extract is a good protein source and may have positive effects on free radical scavenging and iron chelating.
• Gynura procumbens Medical Toothpaste: A Gynura procumbens toothpaste invention consists of" gynura procumbens (Lour.) extractant of 1-20%, glycerol of 20-55%, diglycol of 10-15%, abradant of 20-45%, carboxymethyl cellulose of 0.5-1.5%, sodium dodecyl sulfate of 0.5-2%, additive of 1-4%, essence of 1-2% and saccharin of 0.1-1%.
• Anti-Ulcerogenic: Study results suggest the ethanolic leaf extract of Gynura procumbens promotes ulcer protection as shown by significant reduction of ulcer area, histologic decreases in ulcer areas, with absence or reduction of edema and leucocyte infiltration of submucosal layer.
• Anti-Diabetic: (1) Study evaluating the water extract of G. procumbens in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats showed a hypoglycemic effect by promoting glucose uptake by muscles. (2) Study results suggest the antidiabetic effect may be mediated through the stimulation of glucose uptake and the potentiation of insulin action.
• Toxicological Evaluation: Administration of a methanol extract of G. procumbens did not produce mortality or significant changes in various parameters in both acute and sub-chronic toxicity studies.
Additional Sources and Suggested Readings
AVAILABLE full grown GYNURA PROCUMBENS plants....FOR SALE PER PIECE = P100.00
TO AVAIL DISCOUNT- BUY MINIMUM OF SIX PIECES = P85.00
PICK UP PRICE ONLY!!!!!!!
MAGANDA SA KATAWAN,
MAGANDA RIN ITONG PANG REGALO SA KAIBIGAN,
ALL NATURAL-HERBAL MEDICINAL PLANTS...
FOR ORDER PLS. TEXT OR CALL
0917-612-3508, 0915-451-7963 tel. 505-7784
Seller Contact Details
- No feedback yet
Other Ads by lorenasalceda
- CGF NATIVE FARM PRODUCTS HERBAL PLANTS -AGRO SEEDLING BANK - FARM ANIMALS - LIVESTOCK FOR SALE FOR BREEDING OR FOR MEAT TYPE: ...FARM LIVESTOCKS FOR SALE "GOAT-TURKEY-NATIVE CH...
- GOTU KOLA (Centella Asiatica) FOR MEMORY ENHANCEMENT, VARICOSE VEINS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, ANXIETY, SCLERODERMA AND INSOMNIA Multiple Rooted Plants in 3 1/2" plastic seedling...Gotu Kola - Centella Asiatica "Two Leaves a Day...
- CADAYONA HERBAL FARM PRODUCTS BRGY.MASINAO, STA.MARIA, LAGUNA CP 0915-4517963 INTRODUCING.... OUR HERBAL PRODUCTS: Lemon Grass known as ...Lemon Grass known as TANGLAD..a one must have i...
- THE NATURAL HERBAL MEDICINES PLANTATION FARM STA.MARIA,LAGUNA & SITIO SINGALONG BRGY. SAN JOSE ANTIPOLO CITY 1202, General Luna St. Ermita,Manila (Manila Distribution...Alternative Medicines for Diabetis,AntiHyperten...
- CGF NATIVE FARM PRODUCTS HERBAL PLANTS -AGRO SEEDLING BANK - FARM ANIMALS - LIVESTOCK FOR SALE FOR BREEDING OR FOR MEAT TYPE: ...FOR SALE: TURKEY "FOR YOUR BREEDING OR MEAT ...
- GINGER TEA "INSTANT SALABAT" BFAD LTO NO.: RDII-RIV-F-2863 Manufactured by: Sampaloc ARB Multi Purpose Cooperative Tanay Rizal Distributed by: FIL MABUHAY /...BFAD APPROVED-INSTANT SALABAT - GINGER TEA,HERB...
Leave a message for the advertisement owner here (for members only). Follow this ad's comments via RSS