David Attenborough Life Series Documentary Video Collection
- Feedback Score:
Close X Feedback Computation
- 100% Positive Feedback
> 12 mos.
Total Positive - (1) 2 - - 2 Negative - - - - - Total: 2
- Member Address: Dasmarinas, Cavite
- Last Access From:Philippines
- Registered: May 4, 2012
- Last Sign In: 2 days ago
- View other ads of cybirdcs.
Sir David Attenborough is Britain's best-known natural history film-maker. His career as a naturalist and broadcaster has spanned nearly five decades and there are very few places on the globe that he has not visited.
Over the last 25 years he has established himself as the world's leading natural history programme maker with several landmark BBC series, including:
Life on Earth (1979)
British naturalist David Attenborough examines the diversity and origins of "life on earth." During the course of the series Attenborough, travels the globe in order to trace the story of the evolution of life on the planet. Highly acclaimed, it is the first in Attenborough's 'Life' series of programmes.
The Living Planet (1984)
The sequel to his pioneering Life on Earth, it is a study of the ways in which living organisms, including humans, adapt to their surroundings. Each of the twelve 55-minute episodes featured a different environment. Among the most difficult places, in terms of logistics, was the Sudan where the crew had to be flown in — despite there being no runways or indeed roads. Conversely, areas such as the Himalayas permitted no transportation at all, so the only option was to walk. In South America, a shortage of boats led to one cameraman having to push his equipment in a rubber dinghy, while he himself swam behind it.
The Trials of Life (1990)
The series took over three-and-a-half years to film, during which time Attenborough travelled almost a quarter of a million miles. Some scenes are; The sequence of chimpanzees hunting colobus monkeys; a bivouac of army ants in Panama was able to be filmed internally with the aid of a medical endoscope; the inside of a termite mound. Behaviour seen for the first time included the sequence that of a killer whale pouncing on a colony of sea lions on a Patagonian beach and 'playing' with its young prey before consuming it.
Life in the Freezer (1993)
Antarctica is the wildest, coldest, most isolated continent on Earth. Covered and surrounded by 90% of the world’s ice, it’s 14 million square kilometres are doubled each winter by the freezing of the sea. With an average temperature of -49 centigrade at the South Pole and -70 in the winter, this inhospitable landscape is home to a surprisingly rich variety of wildlife, much of it unique to the region.
The Private Life of Plants (1995)
Sir David Attenborough reveals plants as they have never been seen before - on the move and dangerously devious. Each programme takes one of the major problems of life - growing, finding food, reproduction and the varied ways plants have evolved to solve it. Filmed from the plant's point of view, using computer animations, fibre-optics and unique time-lapse photography.
The Life of Birds (1998)
Three years in the making Sir David Attenborough travelled around the globe, visiting 42 countries from the Artic to Antarctica to uncover the private lives of these conquerors of the air. In this collection Birds take centre-stage for the first time and turn out to be remarkable bright, engaging animals, and with additional footage there even more to discover.
The Life of Mammals (2002)
This series offered an unparalleled view of this remarkable group of animals. It features many of the planet’s most fascinating species, including ourselves and illustrates how mammals have become so incredibly diverse and successful. It also features great extras from the original score, a photo gallery and fact files to behind the scenes, given even more insight into this incredible group of animals.
Life in the Undergrowth (2005)
Join David Attenborough on his ground-breaking exploration into a spectacular miniature universe never normally seen, but teeming all around us. Thanks to technical innovations in lighting optics and computerised motion control, this turbulent, super-organised world is finally revealed from the perspective of its extraordinary inhabitants.
Life in Cold Blood (2008)
The epic story of cold-blooded life, from golden frogs to sea snakes and from armadillo lizards to giant tortoises, completes David Attenborough’s magnificent overview of life on the planet. Amphibians and reptiles ruled the world for nearly 200 million years and today there are well over 14,000 species. Ranging from some of the largest, most deadly creatures on Earth to the smallest and strangest, these are some of the most fascinating, and dramatic animals on the planet. With breathtaking footage and amazing action photography that proves the cold-blooded world is as passionate, dramatic and bizarre as any on Earth, this definitive series reveals the secrets of the most successful creatures ever to walk – or crawl - on land.
Video Codec: DivX/Xvid
Number of series: 9
Number of episodes: 79
Number of DVD's: 13
Form of payment: Cash, Bank Deposit, Western Union, LBC
Ship via: LBC, direct pick-up
Discount: 10% if pick-up at store
Delivery time: 3 to 5 days
Seller Contact Details
Other Ads by cybirdcs
- Man vs. Wild, also called Born Survivor: Bear Grylls, Ultimate Survival, or Survival Game, was a survival television series hosted by Bear Grylls on the Discovery Channel. Bear Grylls is a...Man Vs Wild Bear Grylls Reality TV Show Video C...
- Knight Rider is an American television series that originally ran from September 26, 1982, to August 8, 1986. The series was broadcast on NBC and starred David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight, a...Knight Rider TV Show (1982-1986) Video Collection
- Hell's Kitchen is an American reality television cooking competition broadcast on Fox. It is hosted by British celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay. The format of the program is similar to the United...Hell's Kitchen Reality Cooking Competition TV S...
- Dexter is an American television drama series, which debuted on Showtime on October 1, 2006. The series centers on Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall), a blood spatter pattern analyst for the Miami...Dexter TV Show Video Collection
- The series of Are You Afraid of the Dark? revolves around a group of teenagers who referred to themselves as "The Midnight Society". Every week, at a secret location in the woods, one member would...Are You Afraid Of The Dark TV Show Video Collec...
- The show is a documentary program showing how common, everyday items (including foodstuffs like bubblegum, industrial products such as motors, musical instruments such as guitars, and sporting...How It's Made Documentary Video Collection
Leave a message for the advertisement owner here (for members only). Follow this ad's comments via RSS