Sodium Metabisulfite - Chemical
The advertisement posted in this page is already inactive and it is possible that the details here are already invalid. Content posted in this page is only provided for reference and does not constitute fact. Please be guided accordingly.
Sodium Metabisulfite - ChemicalThis advertisement is already inactive
|Other Names||Sodium Pyrosulphite|
|Place of Origin||Philippines|
|Grade Standard||Food Grade, Industrial Grade|
|Appearance||White to Yellow Power|
|Application||It is used as a disinfectant, antioxidant and preservative agent|
|Model Number||Industry and Food Grade|
|Listing Description||Sodium Metabisulfite |
It is used as a preservative and antioxidant in food and is also known as E223.
It may cause allergic reactions in those who are sensitive to sulfites, including respiratory reactions in asthmatics, anaphylaxis and other allergic reactions in sensitive individuals.
The acceptable daily intake is up to 0.7 mg per kg of body weight. Sodium metabisulfite has no side effects; it is oxidised in the liver to harmless sulfate and excreted in urine.[clarification needed]
Sanitization and cleaning agent
It is commonly used in homebrewing and winemaking to sanitize equipment. It is used as a cleaning agent for potable water reverse osmosis membranes indesalination systems. It is also used to remove chloramine from drinking water after treatment.
- Added to local anaesthetic(lidocaine etc) solutions to prevent oxidation of vasoconstrictor adrenaline and thus improve the shelflife of the solution
- It is used in photography.
- Concentrated sodium metabisulfite can be used to remove tree stumps. Some brands contain 98% sodium metabisulfite, and cause degradation of ligninin the stumps, facilitating removal.
- It is also used as an excipient in some tablets, such as paracetamol. Approximately 0.5 mg is used in epinephrine autoinjectors such as the EpiPen.
- A very important health related aspect of this substance is that it can be added to a blood smear in a test for sickle cell anaemia (and other similar forms of haemoglobin mutation). The substances causes defunct cells to sickle (through a complex polymerisation) hence confirming disease.
- It is also used to precipitate gold from auric acid (gold dissolved in aqua regia).
Tel No. 632-369-9497
Other Ads by sejoson
- Product : Poly Aluminum Chloride (PAC) Grade : AC100S Description : Powder in the form of pale white or white color and free from organic contamination. Uses : For potable drinking...Poly Aluminum Chloride PAC
- Industrial Air Filter A device that reduces the concentration of solid particles in an airstream to a level that can be tolerated in a process or space occupancy; a component of most...Industrial Air Filter
- The Synthetic Filter Media can be delivered in cut pads or rolls. Very useful as blow set or as pre filter pads. Very commonly used in window ventilation units, fan coils, air...Synthetic Filter (Washable Pads and Rolls)
- Depth Filter Cartridges 3M Purification Inc. offers a full line of cartridges in a cylindrical depth filter construction in various materials, configurations, and grades designed to...3M Cuno Filters
- 3M offers a wide variety packaging products including box sealing tapes, filament tapes, hand-held dispensers, case sealers, packing list envelopes, padded tape products and more. 3M Box...3M Packaging Tapes
- RS6N is a 16,5 cm (6,5") 2-way components using DLS EFR-technology for improved sound quality. A small installation depth makes them fit most vehicles. - Filter boxes with selectable tweeter...DLS Car Speaker RS6N
Leave a message for the advertisement owner here (for members only). Follow this ad's comments via RSS