Beware: room for rent in cubao quezon city
BEWARE: ROOM FOR RENT IN CUBAO, QUEZON CITY - VENSERS PLACE
We would like to share our experience with VENSERS PLACE located at #83 13th Avenue, Brgy. Soccoro, Murphy, Cubao, Quezon City being operated by Maria Cecilia B. Melegrito and under the supervision of a couple named Vani & Joey.
Month of May, year 2011:
Instead of commuting and to cut our travel expenses, I and my husband decided to look for a room for rent in Cubao since his office is located within the area. We did the usual searching and inquiring. Then we landed our foot at Vensers Place. After we finished inspecting the place, we ended up signing a 1 year contract with them. To tell you frankly, the rooms are old, the walkway is too narrow and like a maze and they only have 1 small gate. They have approximately 35 rooms in that 500sq compound, wall to wall. It’s just that we are in need of an urgent place to live in and we thought that it was the best among the rest of the rooms we’ve inquired on.
The room rate was P5,000.00 a month excluding water and electricity bills which were sub-metered. We paid P5,000.00 for the 1 month advance, P5,000.00 for the 1 month deposit and another P5,000.00 for the security deposit for a total of P15,000.00, installment (twice a month). It was stated in the contract that 1 month deposit and security deposit (total of P10,000.00) were non-refundable once the 1 year signed contract were not fulfilled.
They were very accommodating at first and we never thought that it will not last. They said it was a peaceful and nice place. We ended up living in a horrible way!
From the time we inspected the room, the flooring is not well cemented. They said they will provide linoleum but we ended up buying at our own expense (non-refundable). We also bought our door knob, door inside lock (non-refundable) and pin lights (refund received). We don’t have lavatory inside our room, it is located outside and there is no faucet installed. So, instead of washing our dishes in the bathroom, we bought pvc pipes and faucet (non-refundable) for us to use that lavatory. Of course, the water supply is connected to our meter. They don’t have wall cabinets so we installed wall cabinets for our kitchen things. The water supply is not advisable to drink so we have to buy mineral water. It just went fine until the rainy season arrived.
I really can’t imagine how we managed to sleep with rain water drifting from the roof! With our continued follow up for them to repair the roof, they’re just doing some remedies and problems were not solved for almost two months! When we were doing our follow ups, they thought that we were complaining. Of course, we are paying them P5,000.00 a month so they have to do their responsibilities, right? Honestly, they were not accommodating as ever.
When it comes to drying of clothes, they have designated area for the drying which is not a good place to dry. The area has rusty roofs with holes and everything so when it rains, your clothes would get stained. Another thing, it was too crowded so it will take two to three days before your clothes dries up. So, we decided to make our own drying area just above our lavatory. But then, since it is stated in the contract, they confiscate all clothes that were not hanged in the drying area, ours included. I had an argument with the owner who confiscated our clothes because she doesn’t want to return those. I already said the usual sorry but she remained decided not to. She also shouted at me that if we can’t obey her rules (some are out of this world), we should leave at once. But in the end, my husband got it from her. I’m too pissed off already knowing all the inconvenience they’ve caused us.
There also came a time that the main water supply has been cut because they did not pay the water bills. It also happened to the power supply for the same reason. We really suffered a lot.
We had a thought of leaving that place for many times. But the thought of not getting a refund, it was not easy for us to just let it be. It’s a big deal to both of us. Those were not easy money. We stayed and decided to finish the contract.
Our water and electric meter were sub-metered and the reading and billing were conducted by Vani (Owner’s niece). Bills were written in scratch papers. There came a time when there were a sudden decrease in our electric bill the month of October (the tenant who lived in the adjacent room moved out) then it increase again the month of November (when someone moved in the same room).
On November 29, 2011evening, we asked them why and how it happened, we want to know the details how they read the meters and how they compute the billings. We just want them to see the comparison between the bills and explain something about it. Although they explained, they thought that we were complaining. They said that if we want our meter checked, it must be from a licensed electrician and the owner must be present. Then we decided to have it checked the coming weekend. But unexpectedly the next day when we got home from work, they already cut our power supply without any prior notice. Take note: Our obligations with them were updated. we pay before or on the due date. HOW CRUEL!!!! DAIG PA NILA ANG MERALCO!
That evening, we did not confront them. It was too suffocating and we decided to go out of the compound, take a bite and go to the Barangay afterwards, thought that it was the right thing to do. On our way out, we were surprised seeing Vani with two big men in black “tanod” uniform with well built muscles! NYAAAAYYYY!!! We felt though as we have been harassed. How’s that huh? We were the one who were supposed to call for them, ironically, they were called against us. How sad.
We felt too much. We suffered the things that shouldn’t. We felt embarrassed. That very night, we decided to leave. But I have no plan of leaving without revenge in mind! She just found the wrong person!
The next day, I texted Vani that I needed a refund. But the owner just said “Go to Hell!” How sweet!
Later did I know that most of their tenants filed a complaint against them at the Barangay. If so, why are they still operating?
November 31, 2011. I took leave from work and went to Quezon City Hall and filed my complaint at Business Process and Licensing Office (BPLO) against VENSERS PLACE. I also went to Bureau of Internal revenue (BIR), Quezon Avenue Branch and filed a case against her for not paying her taxes. (Luckily, I kept all their receipts! Hahaha!)
December 2, 2011, BPLO immediately responded and inspected the compound. They found out that it has no necessary permit to operate since 2008. December 13, 2011 when the BPLO Legal Group served a demand letter that they need to apply for the Mayor’s Permit (In order to apply for a Mayor’s Permit, they need to comply for a Locational Clearance, Fire Safety Inspection Certificate, certificate of Electrical Inspection and Occupational Permit.)
March 19, 2012, Cease and Desist was ordered meaning, they were ordered to stop from further operating their business IMMEDIATELY and PERMANENT CLOSURE will be initiated once they found out that VENSERS PLACE is violating the order.
If they just gave our money back, I might have had second thought of filing a complaint against them. If they’ve just been good as the first, they will not lose their money cow- VENSERS PLACE.
Please, if you saw the sign “Room for Rent” at 13th Avenue between Main Ave & Tuazon Ave, kindly refrain from inquiring or you will just regret it for the rest of your life…
Thank you for reading…
May you find a great place to live in...
YEAH! SHE APPLIED FOR THE BUSINESS PERMIT WITH THE ISSUANCE DATE MAY 22, 2012. I HOPE YOU ALREADY HAVE THE NECESSARY CERTIFICATES TO SUPPORT YOUR PERMIT. IF NOT, YOU ARE NOW HANDLING THE VOID PERMIT.
You were given 30days to complete the necessary certificates upon issuance of the said permit. Are you done with that already? Well, how will they going to issue you those certificates when you have dilapidated rooms, no fire exit, incorrect wiring istallation.. etc... etc...? 'Cause there's more to come...
Click this link and this will show you her whereabouts in the U.S and the reasons why she's staying here instead of working there as a nurse.
We haven't received a letter from Quezon City Hall for any update regarding our complaint but I think there's no need for black & white. Because when we passed by the area the other week, the compound has been demolished! YEEESSS!!!!
After 12 months of waiting... It's really worth the wait!
Other Ads by dozkate21
Leave a message for the advertisement owner here (for members only). Follow this ad's comments via RSS
|posted on May 23, 2012 10:29AM|
| ChrissyBaja |
|posted on May 28, 2012 08:58PM|
|posted on June 29, 2012 12:14AM|
|posted on August 22, 2012 09:50AM|
| Neillalbert |
|posted on August 25, 2012 03:27AM|
|posted on October 7, 2012 10:04PM|
|posted on January 12, 2013 08:31AM|
room for rent in cubao Ads
- BIG ROOM FOR RENT in a very prime and decent residential area near commercial areas in kamias -cubao quezon city. Fully furnished with beds and matress, curtains, table and chair and fan....room
- ASAP! Looking for room to Rent in Cubao area, sharing room is ok with me. Please dont hesistate to contact me anytime 09186088257. Budget: 1500 - 2500.Looking for room to rent Cubao Area
- Room For rent Php 3,500 in 20th ave. near boni serrano side cubao QC Preferably Single and Working Maximum of 2 persons only Light and Water are Excluded Common CR...Room for Rent near Cubao
- ROOM FOR RENT Descent Accomodation located in 16th Avenue - Murphy - Cubao Secure Building/ Nice Neighbors Good Air Ventilation / Big Window Bath and Toilet...Descent Accommodation / ROOM FOR RENT in Murphy...
- Room for rent in Cubao, Quezon City...LOCATED AT Yale st. Cubao ....Call Ms Jenny for viewing appointment. at or at . rooms available with own or shared C/R. With separate water and...room for rent at cubao on yale st
- Working Ladies who are interested to rent a room near Alimall, SM Cubao, Gateway mall and Farmer's Market. Date of occupancy will start on May 1, 2013. Spacious room that best fits your needs if...Room for rent in Cubao Q C P1 500 00
- Room For rent Php 4,000 - 4,500 here in Quezon City area, near E.Rodriguez Cubao . Preferably Single and Working Free basic Light and Water For Inquiries and details contact...Room For Rent In Quezon City Near E Rodriguez C...
- Bedspace for rent Females only (UP Students) The boarding house has 4 bedrooms with 6 available bed spaces left . It has 2 shower rooms and 2 toilets. It...Bedspace for Females -UP Students at Teacher s ...
- ROOM FOR RENT IN QC NEAR MRT STATION/ 5k MONTHLY FULLY FURNISH UNIT NEAR TO SM NORTH, CUBAO SHOPPING MALL, GATEWAY, ETC..... FOR MORE INFO, CALL US AT 0916-1419528 OR EMAIL AT ,...ROOM FOR RENT IN QC NEAR MRT STATION / 5K MONTHLY
- CUBAO **LADIES ROOM 4 RENT ** Available to cocupy: Ready for Occupancy Room Rate : P3.5T only for solo P3.8 only for 2 ladies...Ladies Room For Rent in Cubao
- Room For rent Php 4,000 - 4,500 here in Quezon City area, near E.Rodriguez Cubao . Preferably Single and Working Free basic Light and Water For Inquiries and details contact...Room for rent in QC Cubao near E Rodriguez
- Room For rent Php 4,000 - 4,500 here in Quezon City area, near E.Rodriguez Cubao . Preferably Single and Working Free basic Light and Water For Inquiries and details contact...Room For Rent In Quezon City Very Accessible Ne...
- Automatic Keywords:
- room for rent in cubao, room for rent in cubao quezon city, room for rent cubao, ROOM FOR RENT QUEZON CITY, room for rent, room for rent in quezon city, room for rent in cubao 2012, room for rent in murphy cubao quezon city, room for rent cubao area, room for rent quezon city 2012