hydrocotyle for aquascapes
The advertisement posted in this page is already inactive and it is possible that the details here are already invalid. Content posted in this page is only provided for reference and does not constitute fact. Please be guided accordingly.
hydrocotyle for aquascapesThis advertisement is already inactive
- Feedback Score:
Close X Feedback Computation
- 100% Positive Feedback
> 12 mos.
Total Positive - (1) 2 (1) 3 - 5 Negative - - - - - Total: 5
- Last Access From:Philippines
- Registered: Nov 7, 2011
- Last Sign In: 12 hours ago
- View other ads of WaruGonzales.
juz txt me at 09166734708
cn ship nationwide
Light Needs: High
Plant Structure: Rhizome
Location: North and South America
Size: 3-7 cm (1-3in)
Growth Rate: Medium
Can Be Grown Emersed: Yes
Hydrocotyle verticillata is a common weed found throughout the warmer regions of the Americas, growing in areas ranging from poorly-drained soils to shallow water. It differs from the more commonly available H. leucocephala in that the leaves are entire (like a miniature parasol) and not incised (cut) at the base. There seem to be many H. verticillata look-a-likes in the trade that grow significantly taller. The true H. verticillata is uncommon in the U.S. trade, although both Tropica and Oriental Aquariums grow it.
H. verticillata is not too difficult to maintain in the aquarium. The most important factor is lighting, as the height of this plant will be determined by lighting intensity. The stronger the lighting, the shorter this plant will be. Otherwise, this plant is not too fussy about CO2 or fertilization, although a well balanced nutrient regime and CO2 injection do greatly enhance growth and overall health.
This interesting little plant, unlike H. leucocephala, retains its trailing growth habit when submersed. When first planting, cut the runners into segments that include one leaf. Plant the runners horizontally into the substrate. Soon, this Hydrocotyle will begin to put out new runners. Control it by cutting unwanted runner segments with a sharp pair of scissors.
Because of its unique, umbrella-like leaves and short height, H. verticillata makes a charming foreground accent plant where the leaves look like miniature, green toadstools or mushrooms. In larger aquariums, it can be used as the main foreground plant in place of more typical species like Glossostigma elatinoides, Eleocharis spp., and Riccia fluitans.
Seller Contact Details
Other Ads by WaruGonzales
- KOI GOLDFISH GUPPY KOI WHOLESALW 10 PESOS 2 INCH FOR 100 PCS. GOLDFISH START @ 15 PESOS FANTAIL, RYUKIN, CALICO, RANCHU, BLAACKMOORE, BUBBLE EYE GUPPY CHOPSUEY 15 PESOS FOR MALE AND 20...koi goldfish guppy
- Gotu kola Benefits FOR SALE GOTU KOLA 1 KILO FOR 150 PESOS...herbs for longevity/ AQUARIUM PLANTS
- TELELENS GIOTO FOR SALE CAN SHIP NATIONWIDE FOR INTERESTED JUZ TXT ME @ 09166734708 OR 09196336288 LUK FOR WARUlens for camera
- Aquarium Use Middleground, or as a floating plant. Growth Rate Fast Difficulty Level Easy Lighting Bright Temperature 20-26 o C (68-78 o F)...Ceratopteris thalictroides - Watersprite for aq...
- Riccia fluitans Common name: Crystalwort Height: under 1 cm (0.39 inch) Lightning: 0,70 wats/litre (2.65 wats/gal) Temperature: 10 C (50 F) - 30 C (86 F) pH tolerance:...AQUARIUM PLANTS riccia fluitans for aquascapes
- FOR SALE HOUSE AND LOT 500 SQ.METER LOCATION BONGABONG, TABACO CITY complete papers. Sa halagang php2.5M mapapasainyo na...house and lot for sale or rent
Leave a message for the advertisement owner here (for members only). Follow this ad's comments via RSS